Certification for New Buildings

Photo showing a new build of apartments at Pottergate Norwich

If you are seeking an alternative to the NHBC Building Warranty, because your builder is not registered with the NHBC, CADS Building Consultancy can provide you with a solution.

Council of Mortgage Lenders’ requirements

Whilst a building warranty is not a statutory requirement for new buildings, it is necessary to satisfy the requirements of the Council of Mortgage Lenders when obtaining a mortgage through a building society or bank. Without any form of certification or warranty, you may have issues when you come to sell a newly build property.

Working for small developers and private clients

CADS provides a Building Certification service to small developers and private clients who require a New Dwellings Certificate to satisfy the Council of Mortgage Lenders. A New Dwelling Certificate covers the design, workmanship and material aspects of a new build property that is not usually included in standard buildings insurance.

Building progress inspections

CADS will typically carry out a comprehensive range of 9 or 10 stage inspections while the building project progresses and will produce a report at each stage. On completion, these reports are compiled into a full inspection record and are issued with a final certificate upon satisfactory completion of the building.

If you would like to find out more about Certification of New Dwellings or other Building Consultancy services, please contact Mark Johnson or Robin Thorp on 01493 412806 or email sales@cadesignservices.co.uk (contact details can also be found at the top of this page).