Great Yarmouth / Remote Working
Full time - 40 hours per week
Commensurate with experience
This role will support our major clients in the maintenance and development of our StoreSpace® software on both web and desktop platforms. StoreSpace® is used by many of the top retail brands including Primark, Sainsbury’s, Well Pharmacy and Shell.
Although this role requires several years’ experience, the candidate should be aware that internal training and mentoring by other Information Systems department personnel will be required.
Reporting to the Information Systems Manager, you will:
- Take ownership of various client-facing and internal software projects of all sizes to provide complete solutions to business problems. The software solutions will involve the design and maintenance of desktop apps, web apps, web services, windows services and SQL Server database in an “Agile” environment.
- Perform discovery of existing software solutions in preparation for further development and to provide support to clients.
- Achieve proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and our StoreSpace® product.
- Work within the constraints imposed by our coding standards.
- Work to the timelines imposed by our Jira work-flow management system.
- Grow the role into an important component of a highly skilled team.
Required Skills – (3+ years’ commercial experience):
- Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server.
- C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, LINQ.
- Microsoft SQL Server, MSMC, SQL Profiler Backup/Restore, Maintenance Plans.
- T-SQL, Stored Procedures, User Defined Tables, User Defined Functions. Common Table Expressions, Transactions.
- Knowledge of OOD including lambda expressions, factories and interfaces.
- Working with Agile methodologies.
- Working in a busy software development team.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must enjoy working as part of a team.
- A self-starter who can provide solutions for all shapes and sizes of software projects.
- Tenacity and perseverance in finding and solving software issues identified by testing engineers.
- A positive mental attitude with a willingness to succeed.
- Enthusiastic and reliable.
- Good communication skills
- An interest in 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD).
The applicant must also demonstrate an understanding and willingness to apply our workplace values, which are working with integrity, offering innovation and enjoying collaboration. Applicants will be asked to evidence examples as part of their application and interview process.
In return C A Design Services Limited offers:
- The opportunity to join a thriving business, at an exciting time of growth
- A Great Yarmouth office location together with remote working options available
- Excellent employee benefits scheme including, but not limited to, holiday purchase, social events, flexitime and company healthcare cover (after a qualifying period)
- On the job training and progression opportunities
- Free car parking
Closing date for applications:
25th October 2020
How to apply:
If you would like to apply please email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are a good candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.